Dr. Gavrilova’s practice focuses primarily on preparing and prosecuting patent applications with a technical emphasis in the chemical and biotechnological arts. Her expertise includes experience in a variety of fields including synthetic organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, materials science, biochemistry, and catalysis.
Prior to joining WAVS IP, Dr. Gavrilova was a graduate student and a postdoctoral associate at the University of Chicago. Her research focused on development of binucleating ligands for oxygen-binding biomimetic metal complexes. While at WAVS IP, Dr. Gavrilova prepared and prosecuted patent applications in the areas of semiconductor processing, organic electronics, small molecule pharmaceuticals, and biologics. In 2009, Dr. Gavrilova received an award from a Fortune 500 client for exceptional service to that client.
- “Principles of Mononucleating and Binucleating Ligand Design,” Gavrilova, A. L.; Bosnich, B., Chemical Reviews 2004, 104, 349.
- “Bimetallic Reactivity. One-Site Addition Two-Metal Oxidation Reaction of Dioxygen with a Bimetallic Dicobalt(II) Complex Bearing Five- and Six-Coordinate Sites,” Gavrilova, A. L.; Qin, C. J.; Sommer, R. D.; Rheingold, A. L.; Bosnich, B., Journal of the American Chemical Society 2002, 124, 1714.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Moscow State University
- M.S in Chemistry, University of Chicago
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of Chicago
- U.S. Patent Bar
- IP Portfolio Development
- Analyses of Competitor & Target IP
- Chemistry & Materials
- Semiconductor Technologies
- Green Energy Technologies/ Energy Conservation Systems
- Life Sciences