Ardeshir Tabibi focuses his practice on patent portfolio development and strategic counseling in the electronic and software arts for both domestic and international companies. He has extensive experience in prosecuting domestic and foreign patents in a variety of electronics fields, including wireless communication, microprocessors, graphics processors, analog and digital integrated circuits, machine learning/artificial intelligence, liquid crystal films, computer architecture, network security, e-commerce, and semiconductor devices and processing.
Ardeshir has assisted numerous startup companies and large electronic manufacturers in the development of patent strategy, as well as in the analysis and investigation of patents in a variety of contexts, including drafting infringement and validity opinions, reexamination and reissue proceedings and freedom-to-operate studies. He has also been involved extensively in patent cross-licensing negotiations and in analyzing patent portfolios in connection with venture capital investments and corporate acquisitions.
Before entering the legal profession, Ardeshir was a staff circuit design engineer at a number of leading Silicon Valley companies.
- B.A. University of California, Santa Barbara
- M.S. University of California, Santa Barbara
- M.B.A. Santa Clara University
- J.D., Santa Clara University
- California State Bar
- U.S. Patent Bar
- IP Portfolio Development
- Reexaminations & Reissues
- Licensing & Other IP Sharing Arrangements
- Invalidity and Noninfringement Opinions
- Computer & Systems Architecture
- Semiconductor Technologies