James E. Austin
Mr. Austin specializes in intellectual property portfolio development, primarily in the technical fields of chemistry and materials. His practice includes the preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications, the preparation of legal opinions pertaining to intellectual property rights, intellectual property audits, due diligence reviews, and associated client counseling. Representative technologies handled include batteries, fuel cells, photovoltaic solar energy generation, semiconductor device equipment and fabrication, thermoelectric devices, organic and polymer chemistry, medical devices, and diagnostic devices and instrumentation.
Prior to WAVS IP, Mr. Austin was a research associate at the University of California, Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory where he worked on chemical aspects of ethanol metabolism and mutagenesis.
- B.Sc. in Biochemistry and LL.B., McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- J.D. McGill University Faculty of Law, Montreal, Canada
- California State Bar
- U.S. Patent Bar
- IP Portfolio Development
- Analyses of Competitor & Target IP
- Chemistry & Materials
- Semiconductor Technologies
- Electrochemical Engineering
- Green Energy Technologies/ Energy Conservation Systems