Jeffrey K. Weaver
Jeff Weaver’s practice focuses on client counseling in all areas of patent law and spans a wide range of technologies and business types. He represents well-established and start-up businesses alike in patent procurement, patent portfolio management, and patent analysis, including portfolio audits, freedom to operate and clearance investigations, patent rights opinions, due diligence reviews for business transactions, and intellectual property licensing.
Mr. Weaver represents clients in many technology areas including clients in “cross-over” technologies such as bio- and chemical informatics, nanotechnologies, and energy conversion systems. Additional areas of expertise include electrochemical systems, computer software, semiconductor device fabrication, network hardware and software, optical instrumentation, nucleic acid sequencers, organic chemistry, biochemical assays, integrated circuit design, metallurgy, and game technology. Mr. Weaver represents international and US companies, many with research and development facilities in multiple countries.
Prior to his legal career with Weaver Austin Villeneuve & Sampson, Mr. Weaver was a research associate at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory where he conducted research in electrochemical engineering, signal processing, optical tools, and mathematical modeling of physical-chemical systems.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- J.D. George Washington University School of Law
- California State Bar
- U.S. Patent Bar
- IP Portfolio Development
- Reexaminations & Reissues
- Analyses of Competitor & Target IP
- Licensing & Other IP Sharing Arrangements
- Invalidity and Noninfringement Opinions
- Software & Internet
- Chemistry & Materials
- Semiconductor Technologies
- Electrochemical Engineering
- Analytical Instrumentation