Ji (Alex) Lei
Mr. Lei’s practice focuses on patent prosecution, patent validity/invalidity analysis, patent portfolio development, and patent portfolio evaluation. He has represented inventors in a variety of technology areas including computer software and hardware, artificial intelligence, telecommunications, augmented and artificial reality, automotive systems, and medical devices.
Mr. Lei received his J.D. from Fordham University, where he was a member of the Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal. During law school, Mr. Lei was a recipient of the NYIPLA’s Giles S. Rich Diversity Scholarship for excellence in IP law. He graduated cum laude from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with a B.S. in electrical and computer systems engineering. He also received an M.Eng. in electrical engineering from Cornell University with a focus on computer hardware.
Mr. Lei began his legal career at a national IP boutique firm in New York. Prior to joining Weaver Austin Villeneuve & Sampson LLP, Mr. Lei was a senior attorney in the IP department of an Am Law 100 firm in California.
- B.S. in Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- M.Eng. in Electrical Engineering, Cornell University
- J.D. Fordham University School of Law
- California State Bar
- New York State Bar
- U.S. Patent Bar
- IP Portfolio Development
- Invalidity and Noninfringement Opinions
- Software & Internet
- Computer & Systems Architecture
- Semiconductor Technologies
- Mechanical & Medical Devices