Joseph M. Villeneuve
Mr. Villeneuve specializes in counseling clients regarding the strategic development of their intellectual property. He has helped clients develop patent portfolios in a wide variety of areas including software and networking technology, distributed computing, Internet business methods, telecommunications, optics, semiconductor processing and equipment, computer architecture, vehicle navigation systems, programmable logic devices, integrated circuit testing, RF communications, and high power electronics. He also counsels clients with regard to the negotiation of licensing and development agreements.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Villeneuve was employed as a research and development engineer with the Radar Systems Group of Hughes Aircraft Company.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara
- J.D. Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco
- California State Bar
- U.S. Patent Bar
- IP Portfolio Development
- Reexaminations & Reissues
- Analyses of Competitor & Target IP
- Licensing & Other IP Sharing Arrangements
- Invalidity and Noninfringement Opinions
- Software & Internet
- Computer & Systems Architecture
- Semiconductor Technologies