Mr. Tse specializes in both patent licensing and patent prosecution. His patent licensing practice focuses on analysis and evaluation of patent assets for licensing, divestures, acquisitions, and litigation. He has participated in patent licensing negotiations involving small portfolios of a few patents to large portfolios of thousands of patents. Mr. Tse's patent licensing practice has also involved non-practicing entities.
Mr. Tse's patent prosecution and counseling practice spans a wide variety of technology areas including computer and processor architectures, neural network processor architectures, networking and telecommunication components and systems, machine learning and artificial intelligence, memory technologies, semiconductor manufacturing and packaging, electronic design automation tools, storage media, mobile technologies, programmable logic, consumer electronics, image processing, computer and web security, satellite positioning systems, power delivery systems, medical devices and diagnostic systems, fintech including blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies, business methods, and payment systems.
Mr. Tse has also handled reexaminations, inter partes reviews, opinions of counsel, and IP due diligence. Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Tse gained over ten years of experience as a chip design engineer. His industry experience includes flash memory, server processors, optical networking, and global positioning systems.
Mr. Tse was recognized as a Northern California "Rising Star" in 2017-2020 for Intellectual Property by Super Lawyers magazine.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley
- B.S. in Materials Science Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- J.D. with High Technology Law Certificate, Santa Clara University School of Law
- California State Bar
- U.S. Patent Bar
- IP Portfolio Development
- Licensing & Other IP Sharing Arrangements
- Analyses of Competitor & Target IP
- Reexaminations & Reissues
- Invalidity and Noninfringement Opinions
- Semiconductor Technologies
- Computer & Systems Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software & Internet
- Signal Processing