Roger S. Sampson
Mr. Sampson’s background includes patent prosecution, intellectual property litigation, and client counseling for inventions relating to sensor technology, medical device technology, display technology, data networks, semiconductor processing, optics, consumer electronics, cloud computing, audio and video signal encoding and processing, MEMS technology and various types of software.
Prior to joining WAVS IP in 2002, Mr. Sampson practiced with Bingham McCutchen and with Limbach & Limbach. He previously worked as a geophysicist, applying imaging and signal processing technology to the exploration of the Earth’s interior.
Mr. Sampson received his J.D. from Boalt Hall School of Law in 1992, where he was associate editor of the High Technology Law Journal. He received his B.S. and B.A. in Physics and Geology from Cornell University and received the Kodak Award for excellence in science and mathematics.
- B.S. and B.A. in Physics and Geology, Cornell University
- J.D. University of California, Berkeley School of Law
- California State Bar
- U.S. Patent Bar
- IP Portfolio Development
- Analyses of Competitor & Target IP
- Litigation Co-counsel
- Invalidity and Noninfringement Opinions
- Software & Internet
- Signal Processing and Audio Engineering
- Mechanical and Medical Devices
- Semiconductor Technologies