With our annual minimum billing requirement of 1,500 hours, WAVS IP associates and patent agents have more control over their personal and professional lives. Our practitioners are paid a percentage of their collected billings. Additional bonus compensation can be earned by exceeding certain billing thresholds. Practitioners may choose a billing and compensation level comparable to that of a large firm or may choose to have more time available for pursuing other interests.
At a very early stage in their careers, WAVS IP associates have direct contact with clients, including in-house counsel and inventors.
Every new associate is assigned a mentor who is responsible for initial work assignments and early professional development. Aside from day-to-day training received from partners and senior practitioners, the firm provides training sessions during lunch on Mondays for new associates, as well as more advanced presentations during lunch on Thursdays. In addition, the firm supports attendance at outside seminars pertaining to intellectual property and technology law topics.
Normal partnership track for our associates is six full years of IP prosecution practice, with at least two full years with the firm. However, a longer or shorter partnership track may be appropriate in some cases.
Weaver Austin Villeneuve & Sampson LLP does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other legally protected characteristic.
Entry Level Patent Attorney/Agent – Chemistry
If you have any questions, contact:
- Medical Insurance: PPO/Kaiser
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Supplemental AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 529 Educational Plan
Additional benefits include:
- 401 K Plan and matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (for all non-practitioners)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Public Transportation Assistance
- Use of firm’s Tahoe cabin
- Reimbursement for State Bar review course and exam, and Patent Bar exam
- Stipend paid during review for California state bar exam