Mechanical Experienced Patent Prosecution Position
WAVS IP is seeking lateral candidates for patent preparation and prosecution in our mechanical group. WAVS is particularly interested in experienced practitioners and can provide a high volume of work to a new practitioner.
You will join an incredible team of attorneys, agents, paralegals, and staff that represents a wide range of clients, including start-ups, large companies, and universities. Technical areas include those relating to wearable fitness devices, electrical connectors, smart window systems, satellite deployment mechanisms, rocket systems, semiconductor processing equipment, wafer handling robots, portable and laboratory assay devices, medical devices, casino gaming machines, fashion accessories (design), display technologies, MEMS devices, and electrolyzers.
WAVS IP is a growing, San Francisco Bay Area-based patent law firm with over 30 registered patent practitioners and a diverse client base. WAVS IP provides opportunities for advancement within the firm and informal and formal mentorship. We have a friendly work environment and highly trained support staff.
Our Bay Area offices are in downtown Oakland and Menlo Park. Remote, in-office, and hybrid working arrangements are supported. We offer a compensation structure that generously rewards hard-working practitioners while providing flexibility to maintain a reasonable work/life balance and a competitive benefits plan. WAVS IP does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Eligible to be admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- S. or graduate degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or pertinent patent and/or industry experience
- At least 2 years of patent attorney or agent experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Commitment to patent prosecution
- Admission to practice before the USPTO
- S. or other graduate degree in mechanical engineering or pertinent patent and/or industry experience
- Experience in design patents
- Familiarity with SolidWorks
Please send an email with “Mechanical Experienced Patent Prosecution Position” in the subject line with the following: Cover letter, resume, transcripts (college, graduate school, and law school if applicable), writing samples, references.